Abercorn Lodge No. 273 (IC) 1899-2004
Abercorn Lodge No 273 was inaugurated on June 1st 1899 under the Irish Constitution and met at 285 Isla until the 4th of November of the same year, when it moved to 177 Strada San Giusseppe, Senglea.
The Lodge move once again in 1906 to 204 Strada Vittoria, Senglea and first met on October 23rd.
On August 20th 1932, the lodge moved to Villa Blye in Paola.
Meetings continued without interruption until 2009, when the lodge found a new home in 6&7 Marsamxett Street, Valletta.
The link to the 14th Dragoons is that the lodge number for that regiment was 273 (IC). The 14th Dragoons Lodge No. 273 was inaugurated on 3rd December 1756 and met continuously in Ireland until the last return to the Grand Lodge of Ireland was sent in 1827.
When Abercorn Lodge was created under the Grand Mastership of James Hamilton, 2nd Duke of Abercorn , the new lodge was allocated the number 273, thus the direct connection to the 14th Dragoons Lodge.